NC State's Keatts undergoes knee surgery to repair tendon
- Ward keys No. 9 MSU's rout of Green Bay
- Davis' 3 helps No. 24 Houston escape
- No. 4 Zags pushing through tough stretch
- St. John's handles Wagner to go to 10-0
- Rhode Island pulls away to beat WVU
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) North Carolina State coach Kevin Keatts is recovering from knee surgery.
Athletics spokesman Fred Demarest said Keatts needed the procedure Thursday to repair a torn right patellar tendon suffered Wednesday. Demarest said the surgery was successful and Keatts was resting at home.
Keatts didn't immediately return a text message from The Associated Press on Thursday evening.
Keatts completed his first season with the Wolfpack last month, leading N.C. State (21-12) back to the NCAA Tournament after a two-season absence to go with 11 Atlantic Coast Conference wins in the regular season.
More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated April 12, 2018