Minnesota center Daniel Oturu says he's entering NBA draft
- Toppin, Azubuike among Wooden finalists
- Washington freshman Stewart going to NBA
- Arizona State's White declares for draft
- Former BC F Hamilton commits to Maryland
- Study: Racial graduation-rate gap grows
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Minnesota center Daniel Oturu said Monday he is declaring for the NBA draft after leading the Big Ten in rebounding and blocked shots as a sophomore.
Oturu made the announcement with a letter to fans on Instagram, saying he planned to hire an agent.
The 6-foot-10 Oturu averaged 20.1 points, 11.3 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game this season. He was second in the conference in scoring and his 56.3% shooting percentage led the Big Ten.
The native of Woodbury, Minnesota, also was chosen for the Big Ten's All-Defensive team.
Updated March 24, 2020