NC State adds transfer Stephen Griffin from Tennessee
- Dantonio: Scott resolved license issues
- Stakes high for No. 2 PSU vs. Michigan
- RBs in spotlight as Notre Dame hosts USC
- No. 1 Tide heavy favorites against Vols
- Washington State eyes rebound vs. Buffs
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) North Carolina State says safety Stephen Griffin is transferring in from Tennessee.
Coach Dave Doeren announced Griffin's addition Monday. Griffin is a junior from Charlotte who will sit out this season and have two years of eligibility remaining.
Griffin played in 11 games as a sophomore last season and started the regular-season finale at Vanderbilt, after playing eight games as a freshman in 2015.
His father, Steve, was a running back at Clemson in the 1980s and played for the Atlanta Falcons in 1987.
More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated June 19, 2017