Giants release LB Barwin after signing 2-year deal in July
- Owners to discuss penalty call reviews
- Guaranteed money a bit less than in 2018
- Lions legend Mike Cofer dies at 58
- Bills sign T/TE Fisher to one-year deal
- Colts sign ex-Chiefs DE Houston
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) The New York Giants have released veteran linebacker Connor Barwin.
Barwin signed to a two-year contract with the Giants in July. The 32-year-old appeared in 15 games, making three starts. The team had hoped he would help their pass rush, but he finished with one sack and 12 tackles.
Barwin's release creates a $365,000 hit against New York's 2019 salary cap.
Barwin has also played for the Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles and the Los Angeles Rams
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated February 4, 2019