Lions activate Slay from NFI list
- QB McCown, 40, unretires to join Eagles
- Pats WR Gordon conditionally reinstated
- Chargers S James out with broken foot
- Jets LB Williamson tears ACL vs. Falcons
- Maning, Jones throw TDs as Giants roll
DETROIT (AP) Darius Slay was activated from the active/non-football injury list prior to the Detroit Lions' practice Friday night at Ford Field.
Slay had been on the NFI list since the start of camp, but the cornerback was on the field in uniform Friday.
Slay, who was hoping for a new contract, did not attend minicamp this offseason, but he reported for training camp with the rest of the team last month and said his contract wishes wouldn't hurt his play. Slay is in the third year of his $50 million, four-year deal.
Detroit drafted Slay 36th overall in 2013. He earned All-Pro honors in 2017.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated August 2, 2019