|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- FIFA accepts video reviews must improve after Russia
- Fan protests spur Fiorentina owners to put club up for sale
- Crystal Palace hires De Boer with accent on promoting youth
- Timo Werner abused in Germany but key to World Cup defense
- Valere Germain signs 4-year deal with Marseille
- Return to Russia in 2018 is tough for Cameroon, New Zealand
- Slovakian prime minister wants review of Italy-Germany match
- Chicharito trains separately ahead of Confed Cup semifinals
- Chile feels the fatigue from its all-out play in Confed Cup
- Man United manager Jose Mourinho's father dies in Portugal
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017