|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Mexico has to solve 2 major questions before the World Cup
- Juventus to play in MLS All-Star Game in Atlanta on Aug. 1
- Weah debut with PSG and possibly US follows dad's election
- Defending Cyprus champion APOEL lets coach go after 8 months
- Houseman, World Cup-winning Argentina striker, dies at 64
- AP sources: Ibrahimovic to leave Man United, join LA Galaxy
- UEFA orders Paris Saint-Germain to close part of its stadium
- Switzerland has key players primed to peak at World Cup
- AP Interview: Lloris says Tottenham's style deserves trophy
- Injuries leave host Russia limping ahead of World Cup
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017