|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Column: Delay accepting racism complaints damages English FA
- Leicester City-Swansea City Preview
- West Brom-Southampton Preview
- FIFA says deal close to resolve transfer system complaint
- Crystal Palace-Newcastle United Preview
- European soccer weekend: What to watch in the main leagues
- Manchester United-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Burnley-Manchester City Preview
- Italy striker Zaza behind Valencia's surprising run in Spain
- Marseille's patchy defense somehow has to stop PSG's attack
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017