|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Arsenal hires Unai Emery as Arsene Wenger's successor
- Ukraine accuses most professional clubs of match-fixing
- Neymar back in training with Brazil ahead of World Cup
- State TV: Ghana president orders arrest of FIFA executive
- Celta Vigo hires Argentine coach Mohamed on 2-year deal
- Brazil goalkeeper Alisson anointed No. 1 for World Cup
- FIFA: Insufficient evidence of doping by Russia's WCup squad
- AC Milan faces UEFA sanctions over financial rule breach
- AP Source: New FIFA events won't get OK before World Cup
- Ukraine covers up logos of Champions League sponsor Gazprom
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017