|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Landon Donovan has seen both sides of Cali Clasico
- Newcastle's woes continue with 2nd-round exit in League Cup
- Sparkling Liverpool back in the Champions League
- England eyes Champions League revival with 5 in groups draw
- Man City owners expand portfolio with deal for Girona FC
- Tottenham makes 1st summer signings in Sanchez, Gazzaniga
- FIFA to send in emergency team to run Cameroon football
- Griezmann banned for 2 matches after disrespecting referee
- A year-by-year look at Wayne Rooney's England career
- Kawasaki Frontale beats Urawa Reds 3-1 in ACL quarterfinals
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017