|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Wright-Phillips scores 2 late goals, Red Bulls beat Union
European Football Headlines
- Landon Donovan has seen both sides of Cali Clasico
- Newcastle's woes continue with 2nd-round exit in League Cup
- Sparkling Liverpool back in the Champions League
- England eyes Champions League revival with 5 in groups draw
- Man City owners expand portfolio with deal for Girona FC
- Tottenham makes 1st summer signings in Sanchez, Gazzaniga
- FIFA to send in emergency team to run Cameroon football
- Griezmann banned for 2 matches after disrespecting referee
- A year-by-year look at Wayne Rooney's England career
- Kawasaki Frontale beats Urawa Reds 3-1 in ACL quarterfinals
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Bradley Wright-Phillips scored two late goals and the New York Red Bulls beat the Philadelphia Union 2-0 on Sunday.
Wright-Phillips put a sliding one-touch, off a cross from Kemar Lawrence, into the net from a step inside the 6-yard box in the 87th minute to give the Red Bulls (7-7-2) a 1-0 lead. It was New York's first road goal since Wright-Phillips scored in the 13th minute of a 4-1 loss at Houston on April 1, snapping a drought of more than 520 minutes. He added his eighth of the season in the second minute of stoppage time.
Philadelphia (4-7-4) played a man down after Derrick Jones was given a straight red card for a foul on Felipe Martins in the 53rd minute.
Luis Robles had three saves, including a diving, one-handed stop of a rocket by Chris Pontius from point-blank range in the 22nd, and recorded his first shutout since a 2-0 win over Columbus on April 22.
Philadelphia has lost three in a row.
Updated June 18, 2017