|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Rossi scores twice, LAFC rout Real Salt Lake 5-1
European Football Headlines
- Modric wins world player of year, ends Ronaldo-Messi duopoly
- Messi will miss Argentina friendly vs Brazil in October
- Bayern toasting Bundesliga dominance ahead of Oktoberfest
- Players' union reiterates disapproval of league match in US
- Private jets, favors to son detailed in FIFA official's case
- Agnelli: New club competition important despite little value
- APNewsBreak: France Football launches Women's Ballon d'Or
- Ancelotti putting his mark on Napoli; Roma struggling
- Sanchez spark still missing for Manchester United
- Spat in Spanish soccer over playing during daytime heat
SANDY, Utah (AP) Diego Rossi scored two goals on Saturday and Los Angeles FC stayed undefeated as a franchise with a 5-1 rout of Real Salt Lake.
LAFC (2-0-0) secured the lead with a quick pair of first-half goals. Rossi evened it at 1-all in the 30th minute, slipping behind defender Demar Phillips, settling Marco Urena's pass and slotting a right-footed shot over Nick Rimando's outstretched leg. Latif Blessing made it 2-1 for LAFC in the 33rd, finishing a three-pass combo in the area with a tap-in.
Benny Feilhaber sent a right-footed shot through Rimando's legs in the 47th minute. Rossi scored on a breakaway in the 81st, his third goal of the season, and Carlos Vela capped the scoring with a right-footed chip from the top of the area five minutes later.
Joao Plata gave RSL (0-1-1) the early lead in the 20th minute with a follow-up volley on his own saved penalty attempt.
Real Salt Lake conceded five goals at home for the first time in franchise history.
Updated March 10, 2018