|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Rossi scores twice, LAFC rout Real Salt Lake 5-1
European Football Headlines
- Midges annoy players from England and Tunisia in Volgograd
- World Cup telecasts experiencing quality issues Down Under
- Argentina coach plans major changes to team at World Cup
- Late header from Kane gives England 2-1 win over Tunisia
- AP PHOTOS: European teams sweep Day 5 of World Cup
- Mane vs Lewandowski: star power for Senegal, Poland
- The Latest: Saudis safe after in-flight drama at World Cup
- Panama relieved it lost to Belgium only by 3 goals
- Russia, Egypt match at World Cup could test close ties
- Bahr, last living member of team that upset England, is dead
SANDY, Utah (AP) Diego Rossi scored two goals on Saturday and Los Angeles FC stayed undefeated as a franchise with a 5-1 rout of Real Salt Lake.
LAFC (2-0-0) secured the lead with a quick pair of first-half goals. Rossi evened it at 1-all in the 30th minute, slipping behind defender Demar Phillips, settling Marco Urena's pass and slotting a right-footed shot over Nick Rimando's outstretched leg. Latif Blessing made it 2-1 for LAFC in the 33rd, finishing a three-pass combo in the area with a tap-in.
Benny Feilhaber sent a right-footed shot through Rimando's legs in the 47th minute. Rossi scored on a breakaway in the 81st, his third goal of the season, and Carlos Vela capped the scoring with a right-footed chip from the top of the area five minutes later.
Joao Plata gave RSL (0-1-1) the early lead in the 20th minute with a follow-up volley on his own saved penalty attempt.
Real Salt Lake conceded five goals at home for the first time in franchise history.
Updated March 10, 2018