|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls beat Impact 3-1
European Football Headlines
- FIFA fines Egypt $50K for prohibited World Cup warmup game
- 6 clubs fined, risk FIFA transfer bans for debts to players
- Ramirez, Quintero score; Minnesota United tops Revs 2-1
- Sarri wants to meet Hazard over Chelsea future; Zola returns
- US women takes veteran team to Tournament of Nations
- Mourinho bemoans 'very bad' preseason for United
- Oxlade-Chamberlain to miss most of next season for Liverpool
- FFA cool on Usain Bolt's A-League bid
- World Cup winner Mbappe donating bonus of about $350,000
- Usain Bolt to make run at pro soccer in Australia
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) Bradley Wright-Phillips had a goal and an assist on Saturday and the New York Red Bulls beat the Montreal Impact 3-1.
Wright-Phillips opened the scoring for the Red Bulls (3-2-0) in the fifth minute, beating goalkeeper Evan Bush into the upper right corner. Florian Valot's takeaway in the middle of Montreal's side of the field set up Wright-Phillips with an opening from the right side of the 18-yard box.
Romero "Kaku" Gamarra finished Wright-Phillips' cross in the 57th minute to give New York a 2-1 lead. Wright-Phillips was stopped by Bush but gathered the rebound and fed it to Kaku, who one-timed it into the far corner.
Michael Murillo tapped in Kemar Lawrence's low cross to cap the scoring in the 76th minute.
Montreal (2-4-0) tied it 1-1 in the 33rd minute on Jeisson Vargas' free kick, which deflected in off the right post.
Updated April 14, 2018