|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls beat Impact 3-1
European Football Headlines
- FIFA queries Morocco World Cup bid, to make 2nd inspection
- Wenger stuns Arsenal team by quitting after almost 22 years
- Europa League trophy stolen, recovered in Mexico
- Union-FC Dallas Preview
- Swansea City-Manchester City Preview
- Burnley-Stoke City Preview
- Wenger laid foundations for his success at Nancy and Monaco
- European soccer weekend: What to watch in the main leagues
- Mourinho leads praise for long-time managerial foe Wenger
- Lawyers for Russian player say FIFA ends anti-doping case
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) Bradley Wright-Phillips had a goal and an assist on Saturday and the New York Red Bulls beat the Montreal Impact 3-1.
Wright-Phillips opened the scoring for the Red Bulls (3-2-0) in the fifth minute, beating goalkeeper Evan Bush into the upper right corner. Florian Valot's takeaway in the middle of Montreal's side of the field set up Wright-Phillips with an opening from the right side of the 18-yard box.
Romero "Kaku" Gamarra finished Wright-Phillips' cross in the 57th minute to give New York a 2-1 lead. Wright-Phillips was stopped by Bush but gathered the rebound and fed it to Kaku, who one-timed it into the far corner.
Michael Murillo tapped in Kemar Lawrence's low cross to cap the scoring in the 76th minute.
Montreal (2-4-0) tied it 1-1 in the 33rd minute on Jeisson Vargas' free kick, which deflected in off the right post.
Updated April 14, 2018