|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Hyka's late goal lifts Earthquakes to 2-2 tie with Dynamo
European Football Headlines
- FIFA fines Egypt $50K for prohibited World Cup warmup game
- 6 clubs fined, risk FIFA transfer bans for debts to players
- Ramirez, Quintero score; Minnesota United tops Revs 2-1
- Sarri wants to meet Hazard over Chelsea future; Zola returns
- US women takes veteran team to Tournament of Nations
- Mourinho bemoans 'very bad' preseason for United
- Oxlade-Chamberlain to miss most of next season for Liverpool
- FFA cool on Usain Bolt's A-League bid
- World Cup winner Mbappe donating bonus of about $350,000
- Usain Bolt to make run at pro soccer in Australia
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Jahmir Hyka scored in the closing minutes to help the San Jose Earthquakes to a 2-2 draw with the Houston Dynamo on Saturday night.
Hyka, in his first MLS action of the season, came on in the 67th minute and first-timed a feed from Quincy Amarikwa to make it 2-2 in the 85th. Florian Jungwirth's cross from the right flank floated through the box to Amarikwa, who tapped it to Hyka for the finish - which deflected off defender Adolfo Machado.
Marcus Eriksson scored his second goal in two games to give San Jose (1-2-2) a 1-0 lead in the 26th, one-timing Jackson Yueill's pass into the bottom-left corner of the net from the top of the box.
Tomas Martinez scored in the opening minutes of the second half and Mauro Manotas tapped in a sliding finish of Alberth Elis' cross from point-blank range to give Houston a 2-1 lead in the 63rd minute.
The Dynamo (1-2-2) have just one win in their last 20 MLS road games.
Updated April 15, 2018