|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Royer scores twice as Red Bulls beat LAFC 2-1
European Football Headlines
- Keep bribes quiet for 10 years, FIFA won't punish you
- World Cup winner David Silva retires from Spain duty
- Rooney's spectacular steal, cross sets up winner for DC
- Son Heung-min arrives in Indonesia for Asian Games
- ITALIAN LEAGUE 2018-19: 5 new signings to watch out for
- SPANISH LEAGUE 2018-19: Huesca makes 1st-division debut
- Melbourne Victory fine with Honda coaching Cambodia
- Sounders edge FC Dallas 2-1 for 5th straight victory
- Colorado hopes to continue rapid rise against LA Galaxy
- US player Timothy Weah scores first Ligue 1 goal for PSG
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) Daniel Royer scored two goals to help the New York Red Bulls beat Los Angeles FC 2-1 on Sunday night.
New York has won four of its last five.
Royer tapped home a pass from Bradley Wright-Phillips to give the Red Bulls (14-6-2) the lead for good in the 80th minute. Wright-Phillips ran onto a long, arcing pass from Marc Rzatkowski at the top of the box, took a couple dribbles and fed Royer for a first-timer into an open net.
Royer opened the scoring in the 39th. Michael Murillo's shot from the right side was stopped by goalkeeper Tyler Miller, but the rebound rolled to Royer - who had tripped over a defender and fallen - for the finish from point-blank range.
Diego Rossi put away a feed, which slipped between two defenders, from Carlos Vela to make it 1-1 in the 53rd.
LAFC (10-6-6) is winless in its last four games.
Updated August 5, 2018