Segura, Mattocks lift DC past Minnesota in battle of Uniteds
European Football Headlines
- Swiss stun Belgium 5-2 to make Final 4 in Nations League
- Spain beats Bosnia-Herzegovina 1-0 in friendly
- England avenges Croatia WCup loss to get shot at new trophy
- Mauritania qualifies in another African Cup surprise
- England reaches Nations League finals with Croatia win
- Portugal qualifies for finals, Italy earn positives in draw
- Croatia's Rakitic back at Barcelona with hamstring injury
- Australia scores in stoppage time for draw vs. South Korea
- Salah Egypt's 'superman' again with last-minute winner
- Neymar scores from spot as Brazil beats Uruguay 1-0
WASHINGTON (AP) Ulises Segura and Darren Mattocks scored in a 4-minute span in the second half in D.C. United's 2-1 victory over Minnesota United on Wednesday night.
Segura tied in the 65th minute and Mattocks gave D.C. United (9-11-7) the lead in the 69th off Joseph Mora's centering pass. The game was the first of seven straight at home for the Washington club.
Angelo Rodriguez opened the scoring for Minnesota (9-15-2) in the 47th minute. The Loons have a six-game winless streak.
Updated September 12, 2018