|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Bradley Wright-Phillips leads LAFC over Portland Timbers 4-2
European Football Headlines
- Aston Villa-Fulham Preview
- Southampton-Burnley Preview
- Wolverhampton-West Ham United Preview
- Leicester City-Manchester City Preview
- Arsenal-Liverpool Preview
- Leeds United-Sheffield United Preview
- Chelsea-West Brom Preview
- Everton-Crystal Palace Preview
- Newcastle United-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Manchester United-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
LOS ANGELES (AP) Bradley Wright-Phillips had a goal and an assist to lead Los Angeles FC to a 4-2 victory over the Portland Timbers on Sunday night.
LAFC (4-4-3) rebounded from consecutive 3-0 losses. Portland (4-4-2) had its three-match road winning streak snapped.
Portland's Eryk Williamson opened the scoring in the 25th minute before LAFC scored three goals in a 10-minute stretch.
Mark-Anthony Kaye scored in the 37th minute with an assist from Wright-Phillips, and Diego Rossi scored in the 41st. Francisco Ginella crossed a deflected free kick to Wright-Phillips, who tapped the ball into the net for his fifth goal of the season in the first minute of first-half stoppage time.
Portland ended the first half a minute later when Jeremy Ebobisse floated a header over goalkeeper Pablo Sisniega.
LAFC's Danny Musovski scored the only goal in the second half, in the fifth minute of stoppage time.
Updated September 14, 2020