Hamsik equals Maradona's Napoli record of 115 goals
European Football Headlines
- Lamah, Maurer help FC Dallas to 1-1 draw with Timbers
- Tajouri scores 2 goals, NYCFC play Revolution to 2-2 draw
- Behind the glitz, France has problems to solve before WCup
- Sporting Kansas City-Rapids Preview
- Jesse Lingard's goal gives England 1-0 win over Netherlands
- France's poor defending exposed again as Colombia wins 3-2
- Without Messi, Argentina beats Italy 2-0 in friendly
- 'Welcome to Zlatan': Ibrahimovic makes play for LA's heart
- Ronaldo scores twice in added time, Portugal beats Egypt 2-1
- Germany, Spain both impress in 1-1 World Cup warm-up draw
TURIN, Italy (AP) Marek Hamsik equaled Diego Maradona's all-time record of 115 goals for Serie A team Napoli on Saturday.
Hamsik reached that tally by scoring after 30 minutes in Napoli's 3-1 win at Torino.
"It's a good accomplishment, especially as a midfielder, 115 goals is a good number," Hamsik said.
Dries Mertens controlled the ball in the area and picked out Hamsik, who volleyed into the top right corner for Napoli's third goal.
It has taken the Slovenia midfielder 11 seasons and 477 appearances to reach that tally. Maradona, who was a forward, set that mark in 259 games in seven seasons with Napoli.
The win put Napoli back at the top of the Italian league.
Argentina great Maradona led Napoli to its only two Serie A titles, in 1987 and 1990.
Updated December 16, 2017