Hamsik equals Maradona's Napoli record of 115 goals
European Football Headlines
- Inter left counting the cost of 1-0 derby win against Milan
- Piatti scores twice, Impact beats Toronto 2-0 to stay alive
- PK gives Red Bulls 1-0 win over Union, shot at best record
- Kljestan scores on PK in stoppage time, Orlando tops Crew
- Wayne Rooney scores twice, DC United wraps up playoff spot
- Atlanta United scores 2 first-half goals, beats Chicago 2-1
- Montpellier up to 3rd place after win; Saint-Etienne draws
- Espanyol wins 1st away match to take 2nd spot in Spain
- Atlanta United sets another season attendance record
- Egypt's Olympic body ratifies sanctions on Zamalek chief
TURIN, Italy (AP) Marek Hamsik equaled Diego Maradona's all-time record of 115 goals for Serie A team Napoli on Saturday.
Hamsik reached that tally by scoring after 30 minutes in Napoli's 3-1 win at Torino.
"It's a good accomplishment, especially as a midfielder, 115 goals is a good number," Hamsik said.
Dries Mertens controlled the ball in the area and picked out Hamsik, who volleyed into the top right corner for Napoli's third goal.
It has taken the Slovenia midfielder 11 seasons and 477 appearances to reach that tally. Maradona, who was a forward, set that mark in 259 games in seven seasons with Napoli.
The win put Napoli back at the top of the Italian league.
Argentina great Maradona led Napoli to its only two Serie A titles, in 1987 and 1990.
Updated December 16, 2017