Hamsik equals Maradona's Napoli record of 115 goals
European Football Headlines
- Leicester sign Wales goalie Danny Ward from Liverpool
- Marseille signs Caleta-Car, Fonte joins Lille
- Son, Lamela extend contracts at Tottenham
- Neymar insists he will stay at PSG to win titles
- Sports court overturns AC Milan's ban from Europa League
- UEFA imposes 3-month Champions League ban on Roma president
- Croatian media: Forward Kalinic refused WCup medal
- World Cup stewards to be punished over Pussy Riot protest
- Cahill open to offers for club football outside Australia
- FC Dallas, Dynamo face each other in heated rivalry
TURIN, Italy (AP) Marek Hamsik equaled Diego Maradona's all-time record of 115 goals for Serie A team Napoli on Saturday.
Hamsik reached that tally by scoring after 30 minutes in Napoli's 3-1 win at Torino.
"It's a good accomplishment, especially as a midfielder, 115 goals is a good number," Hamsik said.
Dries Mertens controlled the ball in the area and picked out Hamsik, who volleyed into the top right corner for Napoli's third goal.
It has taken the Slovenia midfielder 11 seasons and 477 appearances to reach that tally. Maradona, who was a forward, set that mark in 259 games in seven seasons with Napoli.
The win put Napoli back at the top of the Italian league.
Argentina great Maradona led Napoli to its only two Serie A titles, in 1987 and 1990.
Updated December 16, 2017