|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- Dembele and Depay score against Nimes as Lyon moves into 3rd
- Unstoppable Jovic nets 5 as Frankfurt routs Duesseldorf 7-1
- Doctor says Maradona needs prostheses on his knees
- Unhappy Bayern Munich lashes out against media coverage
- Greek champion AEK Athens docked 3 points for fan violence
- Conmebol removes Wilmar Valdez from his FIFA Council role
- Crystal Palace-Everton Preview
- UEFA fines Man United, warns Mourinho for bad timekeeping
- Power failure: Leading teams struggle across European soccer
- European Leagues urge UEFA to make Champions League fairer
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018