|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Neymar back in training with Brazil ahead of World Cup
- State TV: Ghana president orders arrest of FIFA executive
- Celta Vigo hires Argentine coach Mohamed on 2-year deal
- Brazil goalkeeper Alisson anointed No. 1 for World Cup
- FIFA: Insufficient evidence of doping by Russia's WCup squad
- AC Milan faces UEFA sanctions over financial rule breach
- AP Source: New FIFA events won't get OK before World Cup
- Ukraine covers up logos of Champions League sponsor Gazprom
- Wolfsburg hires Joerg Schmadtke as sporting director
- In Salah's Nile delta village, the Egyptian is a super hero
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018