|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Dembele and Depay score against Nimes as Lyon moves into 3rd
- Unstoppable Jovic nets 5 as Frankfurt routs Duesseldorf 7-1
- Doctor says Maradona needs prostheses on his knees
- Unhappy Bayern Munich lashes out against media coverage
- Greek champion AEK Athens docked 3 points for fan violence
- Conmebol removes Wilmar Valdez from his FIFA Council role
- Crystal Palace-Everton Preview
- UEFA fines Man United, warns Mourinho for bad timekeeping
- Power failure: Leading teams struggle across European soccer
- European Leagues urge UEFA to make Champions League fairer
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018