|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Leicester fined for overspending on Premier League promotion
- Madrid beats Leganes 3-1 in game postponed from December
- As World Cup looms, Willian claims Chelsea spotlight
- Guangzhou stumbles again in Asian Champions League
- FIFA lifts ban on 2026 World Cup voters publicly backing bid
- Messi scores vs Chelsea at 9th attempt to give Barca CL draw
- Bayern cruises to 5-0 win over Besiktas in Champions League
- Sevilla's misfiring attack takes on Man U's stout defense
- French league: Troyes draws vs Dijon to edge clear of danger
- Villarreal opens probe into Semedo's reported arrest
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018