|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Australia women's coach Alen Stajcic fired before World Cup
- Bayern restarts with win to turn up heat on Dortmund
- Getafe routs Alaves in clash of Spain's surprise packages
- Lille beats Amiens 2-1 to consolidate 2nd place behind PSG
- FIFA task force discusses $25BN competitions deal in Morocco
- Mourinho's longtime No 2 takes 1st senior job in Qatar
- Barcelona avoids scare over ineligible player, stays in Copa
- Barcelona to face Sevilla in Copa del Rey quarterfinals
- 'Everybody does it': Guardiola, others weigh in on 'Spygate'
- Tottenham Hotspur-Fulham Preview
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018