|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Post-Ronaldo Real Madrid gets 1st test in UEFA Super Cup
- Samuel Eto'o joins Qatari club, 13th of his pro career
- Qatar says Nepali worker dies building World Cup stadium
- Brazil great Ronaldo leaves hospital after bout with flu
- Valencia to sign Russia forward Denis Cheryshev on loan
- Croatia forward Mario Mandzukic retires from national team
- Milan signs Bakayoko on loan from Chelsea with option to buy
- FIFA gives Nigeria and Ghana final deadlines to avoid bans
- ITALIAN LEAGUE 2018-19: Empoli, Parma, Frosinone make return
- SPANISH LEAGUE 2018-19: 6 new signings to watch out for
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018