|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United loses defender Mikey Ambrose to knee surgery
European Football Headlines
- Keep bribes quiet for 10 years, FIFA won't punish you
- World Cup winner David Silva retires from Spain duty
- Rooney's spectacular steal, cross sets up winner for DC
- Son Heung-min arrives in Indonesia for Asian Games
- ITALIAN LEAGUE 2018-19: 5 new signings to watch out for
- SPANISH LEAGUE 2018-19: Huesca makes 1st-division debut
- Melbourne Victory fine with Honda coaching Cambodia
- Sounders edge FC Dallas 2-1 for 5th straight victory
- Colorado hopes to continue rapid rise against LA Galaxy
- US player Timothy Weah scores first Ligue 1 goal for PSG
ATLANTA (AP) Atlanta United has lost another player to a likely season-ending injury.
The MLS team says defender Mikey Ambrose had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee and will miss three to four months. He suffered the injury while playing for the second-division club, Atlanta United 2, on July 25.
Ambrose started eight times in nine appearances for United.
United also is dealing with the loss of Greg Garza (shoulder surgery) and Sal Zizzo (knee surgery), weakening the depth of the team leading the Supporters' Shield standings.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated August 7, 2018