|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United loses defender Mikey Ambrose to knee surgery
European Football Headlines
- FIFA leader Infantino wins SE Asia support for re-election
- Valencia forward Guedes out 2 months after abdomen surgery
- Leganes extends unbeaten run after 0-0 draw at Celta in Liga
- Wolfsburg extends Nuremberg's winless run in Bundesliga
- Manchester United-Liverpool Preview
- Toronto FC sends backup goalkeeper Clint Irwin to Colorado
- Boca Juniors not renewing contract of coach Barros Schelotto
- Violent Eintracht fans create disorder at Lazio match
- AEK Athens to compensate Bayern fans for high ticket prices
- Chelsea-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
ATLANTA (AP) Atlanta United has lost another player to a likely season-ending injury.
The MLS team says defender Mikey Ambrose had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee and will miss three to four months. He suffered the injury while playing for the second-division club, Atlanta United 2, on July 25.
Ambrose started eight times in nine appearances for United.
United also is dealing with the loss of Greg Garza (shoulder surgery) and Sal Zizzo (knee surgery), weakening the depth of the team leading the Supporters' Shield standings.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated August 7, 2018