|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
David Beckham's team named Inter Miami, still lacks stadium
European Football Headlines
- Prized defender De Ligt undergoing medical with Juventus
- UEFA fines Russia's Krasnodar over unqualified coach
- Red Star Belgrade edges through in Champions League prelims
- Cameroon fires Seedorf after early exit at African Cup
- Ravel Morrison back in the Premier League at Sheffield Utd
- UEFA allows Mechelen in Europa League amid open fixing case
- Arsenal tops Rapids 3-0 in friendly match
- Argentine sport court member advices Messi to apologize
- Delph leaves Man City to join Everton
- US men's soccer to play Mexico in New Jersey on Sept 6
LONDON (AP) David Beckham's Major League Soccer team will be called Inter Miami.
The former Manchester United midfielder wants the club to start playing in 2020 but it lacks a stadium after years trying to find a site in Miami.
The club's full name is "Club Internacional de Futbol Miami."
Beckham says it "celebrates the incredible energy of one of the most exciting cities in the world - one that is diverse, passionate and ambitious - a city that has welcomed me and so many others, so warmly."
But it will be up to Miami voters to decide in a referendum later this year whether back plans for a 25,000-seat stadium on city land now occupied by a golf course.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/tag/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 5, 2018