|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
David Beckham's team named Inter Miami, still lacks stadium
European Football Headlines
- Monaco's poor start continues with home draw against Nimes
- Stuttgart again fails to score in draw with Duesseldorf
- Sassuolo 2nd in Serie A after 3-1 win over Empoli
- Out-of-favor Cahill says he may have to quit Chelsea
- Struggling Dynamo playing last-place Orlando City FC
- VAR's difficult debut in top South American club competition
- Spanish federation withholds approval of match in US
- Euro 2024 study: Human rights concern in Turkey, not Germany
- Chelsea-West Ham United Preview
- Everton-Arsenal Preview
LONDON (AP) David Beckham's Major League Soccer team will be called Inter Miami.
The former Manchester United midfielder wants the club to start playing in 2020 but it lacks a stadium after years trying to find a site in Miami.
The club's full name is "Club Internacional de Futbol Miami."
Beckham says it "celebrates the incredible energy of one of the most exciting cities in the world - one that is diverse, passionate and ambitious - a city that has welcomed me and so many others, so warmly."
But it will be up to Miami voters to decide in a referendum later this year whether back plans for a 25,000-seat stadium on city land now occupied by a golf course.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/tag/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 5, 2018