|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
David Beckham's team named Inter Miami, still lacks stadium
European Football Headlines
- UEFA Nations League a hit as positivity replaces skepticism
- Swiss attorney general defends his FIFA investigation
- Martin O'Neill out as Ireland coach, Roy Keane also goes
- FIFA ethics judge arrested in Malaysia in corruption case
- Pulisic captains US in Sarachan finale, 1-0 loss to Italy
- How to qualify for soccer's 2020 European Championship
- Newcomer Kosovo secures playoff spot in Euro 2020 qualifying
- World champion France beats Uruguay to cap successful year
- Neymar picks up apparent groin injury during Brazil friendly
- France forward Mbappe injured vs. Uruguay
LONDON (AP) David Beckham's Major League Soccer team will be called Inter Miami.
The former Manchester United midfielder wants the club to start playing in 2020 but it lacks a stadium after years trying to find a site in Miami.
The club's full name is "Club Internacional de Futbol Miami."
Beckham says it "celebrates the incredible energy of one of the most exciting cities in the world - one that is diverse, passionate and ambitious - a city that has welcomed me and so many others, so warmly."
But it will be up to Miami voters to decide in a referendum later this year whether back plans for a 25,000-seat stadium on city land now occupied by a golf course.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/tag/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 5, 2018