|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United star Almiron week to week with hamstring
European Football Headlines
- Chelsea suspends 4 people amid Sterling racism investigation
- Villarreal, Valencia and Athletic struggling in Spain
- English announcer Champion to become lead MLS voice for ESPN
- Champions League: Crunch time for PSG, Napoli and Liverpool
- Derby win has Dortmund fans dreaming of more: the Bundesliga
- SAmerican soccer still wary after successful final in Madrid
- Iceland coach Hallgrimsson hired by Qatari soccer club
- Sarri uses Napoli formula to ignite Chelsea's title bid
- Real Madrid far behind top European clubs in women's soccer
- Ronaldo and Icardi have off days as Juventus matches record
ATLANTA (AP) Miguel Almiron is battling a left hamstring injury with Atlanta United trying to clinch the best regular-season record in Major League Soccer.
The star midfielder is listed as week to week, putting in doubt his status for United's final two games. He also will miss a chance play for his national team in Paraguay during FIFA's international window, remaining in Atlanta to rehabilitate his injury.
The team said Tuesday that Almiron was hurt during last Saturday's 2-1 win over New England. The victory kept United one point ahead of New York Red Bulls in the race for MLS Supporters' Shield, which assures a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League.
After this week's' international break, United hosts Chicago in its final regular-season home game Oct. 21 before the closing the season at Toronto a week later.
Atlanta is assured a first-round bye in the MLS playoffs, giving Almiron additional time to recover.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated October 9, 2018