Minamino, Ito score as Japan beats Panama 3-0 in friendly
European Football Headlines
- Atletico out to stop Dortmund, Barcelona missing Messi
- Hamburger SV fires coach after poor results in 2nd division
- Prosecutors appeal in case against 2006 World Cup organizers
- Bolt excluded from Mariners practice until contract resolved
- South Korea vs. Japan: A classic in Asian Champions League
- Arsenal beats Leicester 3-1 for 10th straight win
- Real Sociedad winless at home after 0-0 draw with Girona
- Berlusconi names former Milan player Brocchi as Monza coach
- Sampdoria held to 0-0 home draw by Sassuolo
- Ronaldo defends himself against rape accusation
NIIGATA, Japan (AP) Japan improved its record to 2-0 under coach Hajime Moriyasu after beating Panama 3-0 in a friendly on Friday.
Takafumi Minamino put the hosts ahead just before halftime on a left-footed shot from the center of the box, and Junya Ito doubled the advantage from close range midway through the second half.
An own goal by Panama defender Harold Cummings capped the result for Japan.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/tag/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 12, 2018