|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
New York Red Bulls decline option on goalie Luis Robles
European Football Headlines
- Benzema scores on last kick as Madrid draws 1-1 at Valencia
- Ronaldo scores 2 as Juventus beats Udinese 3-1 in Serie A
- Spain soccer game halted for insults, Nazi banner
- Chinese TV pulls Arsenal game coverage after Ozil criticism
- Arsenal loses to Man City as Spurs go 5th with Man U drawing
- Schalke's McKennie stretchered off with dislocated shoulder
- Gladbach loses Bundesliga lead to Leipzig after late defeat
- Rising star Camavinga scores winner for Rennes at Lyon
- Vertonghen heads Tottenham to 2-1 win at Wolves
- Greenwood rescues Man United to seal 1-1 draw with Everton
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have declined the contract option on Luis Robles, the league’s goalkeeper of the year in 2015.
The 35-year-old Robles completed his eighth season with a 13-14-6 record and nine shutouts. For his career, Robles has a 114-71-53 mark with 72 shutouts and a 1.29 goals-against average. He ranks sixth in league history with 114 goalkeeper wins. He owns MLS' Ironman streak with 183 consecutive complete games.
Sporting director Denis Hamlett on Thursday said his “play and work ethic speak for themselves when you look at the individual and team success during his time."
In other moves, the team:
-allowed the contract of 34-year-old Bradley Wright-Phillips, the club’s career scoring leader, to expire.
-declined options on midfielders Vincent Bezecourt, Marcus Epps, Derrick Etienne Jr. and Jean-Christophe Koffi; and goalkeeper Evan Louro.
-picked up contract options on goalkeeper Ryan Meara; defenders Rece Buckmaster, Kyle Duncan, Michael Amir Murillo, Sean Nealis, Amro Tarek; midfielders Cristian Casseres Jr. and Florian Valot; and forwards Tom Barlow and Brian White.
Updated November 21, 2019