|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
MLS plans jersey reveals, other events to mark 25th season
European Football Headlines
- Ball possession not producing more goals for Barcelona
- Haaland bids to join Bundesliga's goalscoring elite
- AP Interview: Fiorentina's American owner is a soccer lifer
- Iranian clubs agree hosting plan for Asian Champions League
- 'This isn't good enough': Solskjaer's Man United loses again
- Man United loses 2-0 to Burnley to deepen league struggles
- Neymar stars as PSG beats Reims to reach League Cup final
- One deal agents can't reach in transfer window is with FIFA
- Griezmann saves Barcelona in Copa del Rey; Madrid advances
- Ronaldo helps Juventus beat Roma 3-1 to reach semifinals
By The Associated Press
Major League Soccer has unveiled its plans to celebrate its 25th season, including a jersey reveal ahead of New York Fashion Week.
The 26-team league, including expansion teams in Miami and Nashville, kicks off its 2020 season on Feb. 29.
In the run-up to the season, Adidas and the league will reveal new jerseys on Feb. 5, a day before Fashion Week gets underway. Commissioner Don Garber, team owners, coaches and players will also hold a league-wide media event in New York later in the month to preview the season.
MLS will be highlighting former players throughout the year, culminating in November with a "25 Greatest" list, based on input from fans, the media, coaches and players. After the MLS Cup final, fans will also be asked to select the greatest goal in league history.
The announcement Wednesday highlighting the league's plans for the anniversary season comes amid ongoing contract talks between the MLS and its players' association. Failure to reach a new collective bargaining agreement could result in a work stoppage and put off the start of the season.
The MLS SuperDraft for college players is set for Thursday. The league's All-Star Game will be played at at Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles on July 29 against top players from Mexico's top league, Liga MX.
Updated January 8, 2020