A's bolster deep bullpen by acquiring Twins closer Rodney
- Lee Smith, Baines chosen to Hall of Fame
- ESPN moving Sunday night games up 1 hour
- Chili Davis hired as Mets hitting coach
- Venezuelan fans mourn Valbuena, Castillo
- Stars could be on move in Las Vegas
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) The Oakland Athletics have acquired closer Fernando Rodney from the Minnesota Twins.
The A's sent minor league right-hander Dakota Chalmers to Minnesota on Thursday to complete the deal that adds more depth to Oakland's stellar bullpen.
The 41-year-old Rodney is 3-2 with 25 saves and a 3.09 ERA in 46 relief appearances for Minnesota this season. The right-handed Rodney has 325 career saves, 17th most in baseball history.
The 21-year-old Chalmers pitched five scoreless innings in two games for Class A Beloit this season. He is 7-7 with a 4.08 ERA in four minor league seasons with Oakland.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 9, 2018