Braves re-sign reliever O'Day after injured season
- Japan star P Yamaguchi eyes move to MLB
- Jeter among 18 newcomers on Hall ballot
- Astros, Gurriel agree to $8.3M deal
- Twins prospect Costello found dead in NZ
- NPB OF Tsutsugo begins posting process
ATLANTA (AP) Right-handed reliever Darren O'Day has signed a $2.25 million, one-year deal to return to the Atlanta Braves.
Atlanta announced the deal Friday. The NL East champions have a club option on the contract for 2021 at $3.5 million.
The 37-year-old O'Day appeared in just eight games for the Braves last season due to a right forearm strain. He allowed one earned run in 5 1/3 innings in the regular season, then pitched two scoreless innings in the playoffs.
The sidearmer has pitched in 12 big league seasons and was an All-Star with Baltimore in 2015. He also missed much of the 2018 season because of injuries.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated November 8, 2019