Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri suspended 3 games
- Gionta retires after 16 seasons
- Caps sign D Alexeyev for 3 yrs., $2.775M
- Seattle's KeyArena renovation plan OK'd
- Flyers get buzz with odd-looking mascot
- Lettieri lifts Rangers past Devils in OT
Kadri was assessed a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct midway through the third period in the Maple Leafs' 5-1 loss Thursday night.
Seconds after Wingels caught Maple Leafs winger Mitch Marner with a high hit, Kadri left his feet and drove the kneeling Wingels' head into the boards.
Kadri was suspended for the fourth time in his career. He had 32 goals and 23 assists in 80 games during the regular season.
Game 2 of the best-of-seven series is Saturday night in Boston.
Updated April 13, 2018