Deion Sanders: "Treat me like Nick" Saban
- AAC commish: No plot with ESPN to poach
- Pac-12, Big 12 discuss possible merger
- Ohio State lacking experience at QB
- Ohio St. announces group licensing deal
- Saban's new deal worth at least $84.8M
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) Jackson State coach Deion Sanders walked out of the Southwestern Athletic Conference media day after a reporter twice called him by his first name.
The Pro Football Hall of Fame cornerback/return man and second-year head coach compared it to calling Alabama coach Nick Saban "Nick."
"You don't call Nick Saban, `Nick.' Don't call me Deion," Sanders said Tuesday, according to the Jackson Clarion Ledger.
"If you call Nick, Nick, you'll get cussed out on the spot, so don't do that to me," Sanders later said. "Treat me like Nick."
Sanders walked out after being referred to by his first name a second time.
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/hub/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 21, 2021