|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Akindele scores 33 seconds in; Orlando City beats Cincinnati
European Football Headlines
- West Ham United-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Liverpool-West Brom Preview
- Aston Villa-Crystal Palace Preview
- Wolverhampton-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Sheffield United-Everton Preview
- Fulham-Southampton Preview
- Leeds United-Burnley Preview
- Manchester City-Newcastle United Preview
- Everton-Aston Villa Preview
- Arsenal-Chelsea Preview
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Tesho Akindele scored the fastest goal in club history and Orlando City beat Cincinnati 3-0 on Saturday night.
Akindele raced onto a giveaway by Cincinnati (0-1-2) in slipped a right-footed shot inside the post from the center of the area just 33 seconds into the game.
Luis Carlos (Nani) Almeida da Cunha, just outside the area, went left, circled back to the right and then cut back before ripping a left-footed shot into the net in the 19th minute. Junior Urso scored in the 80th to make it 3-0.
Cincinnati has lost back-to-back games by a combined score of 8-0.
Orlando City (1-2-2) outshot Cincinnati 22-7, including 5-0 on target.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 2, 2021