|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Abubakar, Willis help Rapids beat FC Dallas 2-0
European Football Headlines
- Burnley-Sheffield United Preview
- Manchester United-Wolverhampton Preview
- Southampton-West Ham United Preview
- Everton-Manchester City Preview
- Crystal Palace-Liverpool Preview
- Chelsea-Aston Villa Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Leicester City Preview
- West Brom-Leeds United Preview
- Newcastle United-Fulham Preview
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Arsenal Preview
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Lalas Abubakar scored his first goal of the season, William Yarbrough had three saves and the Colorado Rapids beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Wednesday night.
Colorado (7-3-3) extended its home scoring streak to 32 games.
Abubakar headed home a corner kick by Jack Price to open the scoring in the 48th minute. Michael Barrios, near the corner of the area, cut inside to evade a defender and the curled a roller inside the far post to make it 2-0 in the 55th.
Yarbrough has six shutouts this season to tie Nashville's Joe Willis for most in MLS.
Dallas (2-7-5) has lost three consecutive matches for the first time since May 2019 and has just one win - with six losses - in its last 11 games.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 21, 2021