|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Sallói's stoppage-time goal gives KC 1-1 tie with San Jose
European Football Headlines
- Burnley-Sheffield United Preview
- Manchester United-Wolverhampton Preview
- Southampton-West Ham United Preview
- Everton-Manchester City Preview
- Crystal Palace-Liverpool Preview
- Chelsea-Aston Villa Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Leicester City Preview
- West Brom-Leeds United Preview
- Newcastle United-Fulham Preview
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Arsenal Preview
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) Daniel Salloi scored in stoppage time to give Sporting Kansas City a 1-1 tie with the San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday night.
Salloi tapped in a rebound in the fourth minute of injury time. Johnny Russell banged a free kick off the crossbar and into the back of goalkeeper James Marcinkowski and Salloi beat two teammates to the ball for the finish from point-blank range.
Sporting (8-3-3) is unbeaten - with eight wins - in 11 regular-season home matches dating to October 2020. Kansas City last had a longer regular-season unbeaten run at home when it went 24 games without a loss at Children's Mercy Park from June 2016 to September 2017.
Nathan Cardoso, who signed with the Earthquakes (3-7-4) on June 25, scored his first MLS goal to make it 1-0 in the 53rd minute.
San Jose is winless in 10 games. The 'Quakes have managed to draw consecutive matches after taking just one point in its previous seven games.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 21, 2021