|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Seattle wins 1-0, extends lead atop Western Conference
European Football Headlines
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Crystal Palace Preview
- Wolverhampton-Southampton Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Arsenal Preview
- Liverpool-Brentford Preview
- Norwich City-Everton Preview
- Burnley-Leicester City Preview
- Newcastle United-Watford Preview
- West Ham United-Leeds United Preview
- Aston Villa-Manchester United Preview
- Manchester City-Chelsea Preview
SEATTLE (AP) Joao Paulo scored his second goal of the season and the Seattle Sounders beat Minnesota United 1-0 on Saturday to extend their lead atop the Western Conference.
Seattle (13-4-6) snapped a four-game winless stretch at home. It was the first time in the club's history to earn just one point in any four-match home run. Minnesota (8-7-7) had its four-game undefeated run on the road end.
Paulo scored in the 22nd minute. Nicolas Lodeiro and Nicolas Benezet connected on a give-and-go along the right side, and Benezet sent it back to the edge of the penalty area for Paulo's one-touch finish off the post and in.
Minnesota was without its leading goal scorer Robin Lod and leading assister Emanuel Reynoso due to injuries.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 12, 2021