|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Obrian scores 2 goals, helps FC Dallas tie NYCFC 3-3
European Football Headlines
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Crystal Palace Preview
- Wolverhampton-Southampton Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Arsenal Preview
- Liverpool-Brentford Preview
- Norwich City-Everton Preview
- Burnley-Leicester City Preview
- Newcastle United-Watford Preview
- West Ham United-Leeds United Preview
- Aston Villa-Manchester United Preview
- Manchester City-Chelsea Preview
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) Jader Obrian scored two goals to help FC Dallas tie New York City FC 3-3 on Tuesday night.
Dallas (6-10-9) has only lost one of its last six away matches - with three draws. New York City (10-8-5) had its seven-game home winning streak snapped. The seven-match run was a club record.
Dallas' only lead came in the fourth minute when Obrian took advantage of a defensive mistake and easily sent it into the back of the net from close range. Dallas tied it at 2 in the 63rd when Jesus Ferreira ran past the defense for Ricardo Pepi's through ball and sent goalkeeper Sean Johnson diving the wrong way. Obrian tied it at 3 by sending a shot from the corner of the 6-yard box off the hand of Johnson.
For New York, Maximiliano Moralez tied it at 1 in the 20th minute by sending home Jesus Medina's back-heel pass. In the 57th, Medina sent in a rebound of Moralez's shot for a 2-1 lead and Talles Magno scored his first MLS goal in the 68th.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 14, 2021