|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Revolution beat Rapids to break MLS points record with 73
European Football Headlines
- Manchester United-Chelsea Preview
- West Ham United-Manchester City Preview
- Everton-Brentford Preview
- Watford-Leicester City Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Burnley Preview
- Newcastle United-Arsenal Preview
- Leeds United-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Aston Villa-Crystal Palace Preview
- Wolverhampton-Norwich City Preview
- Everton-Manchester City Preview
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) Tajon Buchanan scored his eighth goal of the season and the New England Revolution beat the Colorado Rapids 1-0 on Wednesday night to break the MLS record for points in a season with 73.
New England (22-4-7), the Supporters' Shield winner, broke the mark of 72 for a 34-match season set by Los Angeles FC in 2019 . The Revolution have one game left in the regular season, at home game against Inter Miami remaining Nov. 7.
New England coach Bruce Arena tied Sigi Schmid's MLS record with his 240th regular-season victory.
Buchanan settled a cross from Adam Buksa with his chest, took two touches to get away from a defender, and slotted a shot past William Yarbrough from a difficult angle in the 74th minute.
Colorado (15-7-10) clinched a playoff berth Saturday.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 27, 2021