|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Nashville tops Real Salt Lake 2-0 for first win in new park
European Football Headlines
- Manchester United-Crystal Palace Preview
- Southampton-Leicester City Preview
- Newcastle United-Burnley Preview
- Wolverhampton-Liverpool Preview
- Watford-Chelsea Preview
- West Ham United-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Leeds United-Brentford Preview
- Everton-Arsenal Preview
- Aston Villa-Manchester City Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Norwich City Preview
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Dave Romney broke a scoreless tie with a goal in the 63rd minute, C.J. Sapong scored in stoppage time and Nashville SC notched its first win in its new home with a 2-0 victory over Real Salt Lake in MLS play on Sunday.
Joe Willis saved the only two shots he faced for Nashville (4-3-3), which opened GEODIS Park last weekend with a 1-1 draw against Philadelphia and has now gone 21 straight games without a home loss.
Nashville and Colorado are both on 21-game unbeaten streaks at home, tied for the seventh longest in MLS history. Next up are the 22-match runs of Portland (2013-14) and the Columbus Crew (2008-09).
Nashville outshot Real Salt Lake 17-6 with a 9-2 advantage in shots on goal.
Zac MacMath saved seven of the nine shots he faced for RSL (4-3-4).
The Associated Press created this story using technology provided by Data Skrive and data from Sportradar.
Updated May 8, 2022