Atlanta midfielder Emerson Hyndman tears knee ligament
European Football Headlines
- Burnley-Sheffield United Preview
- Manchester United-Wolverhampton Preview
- Southampton-West Ham United Preview
- Everton-Manchester City Preview
- Crystal Palace-Liverpool Preview
- Chelsea-Aston Villa Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-Leicester City Preview
- West Brom-Leeds United Preview
- Newcastle United-Fulham Preview
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Arsenal Preview
ATLANTA (AP) Atlanta midfielder Emerson Hyndman injured a knee during training and needs surgery.
The team said Thursday he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
Hyndman has one goal in seven games this season, his third with Atlanta following stints with Fulham (2014-16), Glasgow Rangers (2016-17), Bournemouth (2017-19) and Hibernian (2018).
Hyndman has two appearances for the United States but none since 2016. He is a grandson of former Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 10, 2021