Rays set to promote SS Wander Franco, MLB's No. 1 prospect
- Scherzer to face Astros in Dodgers debut
- Ohtani to make mound return vs. Rangers
- Rays ace Glasnow to have Tommy John
- Cabrera hits 498th HR, Tigers top BoSox
- Trout still expected back this season
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) Tampa Bay Rays infielder Wander Franco, considered the best prospect in the minors, is set to make his major league debut.
The Rays say they plan to promote the 20-year-old Franco from Triple-A Durham on Tuesday. Tampa Bay is off Monday and hosts the Red Sox on Tuesday night.
Franco is a .332 hitter with 145 RBIs in three minor league seasons.
Franco went 5 for 17 with a long home run in seven spring training games for Tampa Bay this year.
The Rays had the best record in the majors this year until their current six-game losing streak.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 20, 2021