Cardinals acquire INF Jose Fermin from Guardians for cash
- RHP Greinke returns to Royals for 2023
- Marlins acquire Red Sox reliever Barnes
- Marlins' Chisholm on MLB The Show cover
- Plan outlined for new Rays' ballpark
- Caray to become Cardinals TV broadcaster
ST. LOUIS (AP) The St. Louis Cardinals acquired minor league infielder Jose Fermin from the Cleveland Guardians for cash considerations Wednesday and added him to their 40-man roster.
The Cardinals also reinstated pitchers Alex Reyes and Drew VerHagen from the injured list.
The 23-year-old Fermin hit .215 with six homers and 31 RBIs in 90 games for Triple-A Columbus. He originally signed with the Guardians as an international free agent in 2015 and has become a versatile defensive player, starting games at second base, third base and shortstop.
The Cardinals have 38 players on their 40-man roster.
AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/mlb and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated November 9, 2022