Islanders' Johnston suspended 3 games for check to head
- Red-hot Panthers overwhelm Jackets 9-2
- Leafs end Blues' 13-game home point run
- Kuemper has shutout, Avs continue surge
- Rangers send Flyers to 7th straight loss
- Lightning extend Stars' road slide to 7
NEW YORK (AP) New York Islanders forward Ross Johnston was suspended for three games without pay by the NHL on Friday for an illegal check to the head against New Jersey Devils forward A.J. Greer.
Johnston was assessed a minor penalty for illegal check to the head early in the first period of the Islanders' 3-2 home victory Thursday night.
The suspension will cost Johnston $15,000. The 6-foot-5 left wing has two assists in nine games this season.
Updated January 14, 2022